Sunday 4 September 2011

Labels to Be(e) or not to Be(e) -pardon the pun

The honey is delicious and is sitting at the moment in the settling tank awaiting bottling. We are not quite ready to bottle up yet, so you will have to wait a little longer to find the weight of the honey. I hopefully will let you know in the next week or so.

In the meantime we have a big problem!!

Labels, who would think it would be so hard to decide on a label for the Honey jars.

Do we want to buy one from the beekeeping suppliers like everyone else, no I don't think so! Everyone and his dog seem to be using these, and if we are going to create a brand we need something a little better.

After hours and hours of trawling through the Internet looking for alternatives that were a bit more upmarket and reasonably priced, we still haven't decided on any, they are either far to expensive for the small amount that we want this year or they look terrible, all cottagy and flowery.

So we have now decided to make our own, how foolish this may turn out to be remains to be seen as we rarely agree on things of this nature and end up falling out.

We were supposed to sit down today and design  a label, but Mel had to go to his choir and it was such a lovely afternoon I went fishing but I can tell you it was well worth it two very nice 3lb trout were caught by me and my son was a little disappointed that I caught the first one on the very first cast.
Ha Ha

Disaster had struck when we got home, the beef Madras I had put in the oven for supper before leaving was so burnt it was inedible, I had the oven on to high instead of a slow cooking so we all had to make do with a pie out of the freezer.

Maybe I should have designed that label after all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment