Thursday 15 September 2011

Selling Well!

I am so thrilled that the honey is already selling extremely well, lots of people we know have been buying in bulk and I have left a jar at a local retailer to see if they would be interested in selling it.

What struck me today was the fact that some of the people who have bought our honey have bought it to help their allergies. This took me a bit by surprise, I know honey is good for you, that it is antibacterial, antifungal and keeps for ever!I also new that it was good on open sores and ulcers but allergies
this I did not know.

Feeling a little stupid for not knowing this I had to find out what information was out there on the net,
there was pages and pages that you can read about it, I am not certain if it has been proven but it does seem to make sense.

Basically if you are one of the million Hay fever sufferers, if you eat a spoonful of a local honey over a period of time before the pollen starts it helps to alleviate the horrible symptoms naturally.
How good is that, clever little bees.

I need to do a bit more research on the benefits of honey so that I can ad  information page for you all to read. I remember as a little girl my Nain (grandmother) used to give me a teaspoon of honey in warm milk to drink before going to bed, she said it helped you sleep, and I know that works. 
I still reach for my bedtime drink now especially if I am over tired.

Another thing she passed on was to add a teaspoon of honey to a mug of hot water with a squeeze of fresh lemon, this was said to be a cure for sore throats, again this remedy has been carried on in my family and we all reach for the ccomfort of it at the first sign of a sore throat or a cold.

Now what else can I find out?

No comments:

Post a Comment