Friday 18 May 2012

Spring Honey

Apologies first!! been a bit lapse with my postings lately but I hope to rectify this.

Well, my photographic skills did not win me any prizes in the competion I entered, I have to say looking at the winners I was completely out of my depth, so no surprise there!

The Spring has been a complete wash out, the nice weather in March had us hoping for a large Spring crop of honey although we will manage to get some there wont be as much as initially thought, after all the bees do need to feed themselves first.

We now have honey supers on 5 hives and 8 hives are on brood and a half and building up very nicely but if we dont get the nice weather who knows how much honey we will get this summer. So much is out of our control so all we can do is keep the regular inspections going to check all is well and swarm control when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment