Sunday 17 July 2011

Honey Granola

I forgot to add this to my last post, well worth a try!!

I also read a very short book on my Kindle whilst lying in bed on Saturday morning. " Family Honey" this was about a family of beekeepers in USA, going back through the generations. The topic that ran through this book was about the plight of the honey bee, which is very alarming!! we will discuss this at a later stage. There was also a section on Honey recipes where I found a lovely recipe for Granola, a homemade breakfast cereal made from honey and oats, it was delicious and so easy to make.
3 cups porridge oats
1 cup honey
1/4 cup oil
Mix together and bake in a moderate oven, turning every 10 minutes until golden, do not walk away and forget about it or they will burn! Store in an airtight container and serve with fruit and nuts of your choice and cold milk for breakfast, yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment