Sunday 8 July 2012

Hazards

The hazard of being a beekeeper are obvious to most it has to be stings!!

Now I don't want to put anyone off keeping Bees at all this is not the object of the exercise but you must take care.No cutting corners when getting suited up, make sure all zips and Velcro are fastened and you have at lease covered your arms and legs with another layer under your suit.

Why you may ask is she telling us the obvious?
Last week I was suited and booted and got stung on my foot?? Hubby had been covered in bees and had not put his boots on but opted for a pair of lace up boots and guess what he got stung!! helping to rescue him I brushed of the bees that had collected around his legs and brushed one bee straight into my welly. To late stung!! this resulted in a reaction and a trip to casualty.

This week no repeats please!!we  both double checked we were protected and almost finished the bees with no stings until,....... hubby offered to finish the last hive on his own so I could get the rabbits fed and watered before going out.

He came to tell me he was finished still wearing his bee suit and yes he had bees on him. I shouted at him to go away and clear them off..... to late !! this time stung on the face. Bit swollen around the eye area but hopefully it will go down before work tomorrow as this is getting embarrassing.

The joys of being a beekeeper, would I give them up ??? No way

No comments:

Post a Comment